This answer explains what an API request (or API call) is and what counts as a request. Here are a few essential concepts:
- Query – A request to get information from a database.
- API Request – A query to our database.
Every time you make a call to Back4app in name of your application using one of the SDKs or REST API, it counts as an API request.
Take a look at the following examples of what count as a request:
- API transactions;
- Cloud functions calls;
- HTTP requests;
- Push notifications, in this case, a request to send a push notification will count as a single request regardless of how many installations are targeted.
- Any other query that creates, read, update or delete information from the database;
- Logins (authentication methods);
Different operations will be taken into account when determining the number of requests generated by your app, such as requests made through the Admin App or accessing your application Dashboard to load your classes.
What do total requests mean?
Please sign in to leave a comment.